UNBELIEVABLE day at Element Church today! WOW! SO proud to be a part of this church and call these people my “family”. I laid out a challenge last week to “Each one invite ONE”, and you took that to heart. I prayed all week long for the ones you’d be inviting and we had an AMAZING result today. Here are my ruminations on the day.
— 49 people acknowledged to us they responded to the offer from Jesus for salvation and experienced LIFE in Him. WOO HOO! If only for the ONE!
— Please join me in praying for those people who accepted Jesus as Savior. Pray that God would do the work that only HE can do in changing their hearts and lives. Pray they take their next steps and get connected into Him.
— We also saw 18 go public with their faith through baptism at the Cheyenne Campus. LOVE LOVE LOVE baptism Sundays. So cool seeing those people declare their allegiance to Christ.
— We SHATTERED our previous non-holiday attendance high by over 100 people. Again, SO proud of our church stepping up and inviting people this week to attend. We definitely saw the power of ONE invitation.
— I asked the band to perform a Rascal Flatts song today before the message. That is a TALL ORDER but man did they nail it. Pastor Devon killed the vocals and it was a perfect set up to my message. The song is called “Changed” and it has an incredible message. You can check out the Rascal Flatts version HERE. SO good.
— Asked the question “How can I be born again today?” in the message. Talked about the power of ONE day, and how this could be your ONE DAY of salvation. Preached from 2 Kings 5:1-14. The story of Naaman being healed of leprosy is such a GREAT picture of how God wants to handle our sin. Never preached from this passage. Loved preparing and delivering it. Here are some excerpts:
- Spiritually ALL of us are lepers. Our sin makes us unclean and that uncleanness separates us from God. If left untreated it will lead to an incredibly gruesome sight in our hearts and lives, and outside of the miraculous provision of God, it is permanent. (Sin does to our spirits what leprosy did to their bodies)
- The admiration of men does not equal the acceptance of God.
- If your basing your entrance into Heaven off how good you are, you better hope God is judging based on the curve.
- The servant girl was taken prisoner from her home, but she didn’t let her prison keep her from her purpose.
- Where we would see being taken captive as “God is opposed to us”, this girl say being captive as “God giving her an opportunity”.
- Wherever God put you is exactly where He wants you to be, to accomplish exactly what He wants you to do.
- When you experience the power of God you can’t help but express it to other people.
- Naaman refused to receive healing based on his opinion there was a better or another way.
- It wasn’t Naaman’s act of washing that healed him, it was his acceptance of the way.
- God has A way to be saved and it’s either HIS way or the HIGHWAY…literally.
- Out of the story we looked at 5 things needed to be born again today:
- Hear (Romans 10:14) Just like the servant girl in the story, I’m here to tell you: “Go to Jesus…He can heal you of your condition”
- Repent (Acts 3:19) Just like Naaman had to leave his homeland and go to Israel, so we must leave our old live and turn to Jesus.
- Confess (1 John 1:9) Just like Naaman had to admit he needed healing before he ever could be healed, so we need to admit we need forgiveness before we can ever be forgiven.
- Believe (Romans 10:9) Salvation is not something you can achieve, it’s only something you can receive.
- Receive (Revelation 3:20)
— I gave the clearest Gospel message I knew how to give today. Praying God spoke to hearts as I prayed.
— The power of ONE dollar experiment is going great. Next Sunday is the last Sunday to bring a dollar to put in the container. We’ll then collect all the money and bless 2 single moms for Mothers Day. If you’ve forgot to bring any dollars the last few weeks, drop three in on Sunday and make up the difference. I promise, no one will complain. HA!
— The power of ONE church serving ONE day is coming up on Saturday April 27th. I’m going to be out serving with my family and I hope you will as well. LOTS of opportunities for all ages to get out and serve our communities. Go HERE to get you and your family signed up and we’ll see you out there.
— Construction Documents have been completed and turned in to us by our architect for the remodel. We are SO excited and SO close to getting this thing going. We talked to the contractor about phasing and will be putting in for permits now that we have plans. We’ll try to keep you up to date as things happen. Hopefully, you’ll be seeing signs of construction around here soon.
— Gonna end it there. You guys are AWESOME! Love being a part of your lives.
Till the end,