I LOVE my church! That’s all I can say. So glad I get to do life with these people at Element Church. You guys are AWESOME. Here are my ruminations on the day.
— 18 people let us know that they accepted Christ’s offer of salvation and experienced new LIFE in Him! WOO HOO!! If only for the ONE!
— Pastor Andy shared an AWESOME story of life change here at the Cheyenne Campus today. This note came in after the Wheatland Campus launch from a couple here at the Cheyenne Campus that was serving in Wheatland: For my husband and I the night was especially meaningful. Someone we have known, loved, mentored & prayed for, for more than 15 years accepted Christ! When they were 20 they went through a really rough time and every time I asked them if they were ready to have God in their life, they said no. Five years later, broken hearted and in a different place in life, they knew it was time! Had Element Church not began in Wheatland, I believe it never would have happened. They said the sermon was exactly what they needed to hear, word for word.
— SO AWESOME!! Stories like that are just confirmation of what God has called us to do and where He’s called us to go. Looking forward to MORE stories like that coming in as we help people experience LIFE and look to make an IMPACT in Wheatland.
— Week two in Wheatland was a great follow up to launch weekend. We had 120 people on launch Sunday and we had 116 this week. GREAT start to that campus. Can’t wait to see what God does there! Way to go Pastor Brad and the Wheatland team.
— If you haven’t yet, make sure you get connected to Community through a group or class this Winter Season. LOTS of great stuff being offered. Don’t miss out. This is a GREAT way to stay connected and fuel your growth in Christ. Check it out HERE.
— Continued our series called “20/20″ today by asking the question, “How do I live a life that pleases God?” Preached from Philippians 2:12-23. REALLY wrestled with this message. Every message is important, but this one just seemed to carry more weight for/on me. Praying that God spoke to your hearts. This is SUCH an important message for us to get on our perspective.
- My effort and my emphasis, not the end result, is the key to pleasing God.
- If you are a Christian…if you’ve been saved, WORK HARD to make sure your life reflects that salvation. (Philippians 2:12 WORK HARD to show the results of your salvation)
- Being a Christian is the BEST decision you’ll ever make in your life, but following Jesus is the HARDEST thing you’ll ever do in your life.
- We cannot earn our salvation, but even though we can’t earn our salvation by works, doesn’t mean our salvation shouldn’t produce IN us an EFFORT to do good works.
- “Grace is opposed to earning, but grace is NOT opposed to effort.”
- I cannot earn my salvation, but because I am saved I put forth an effort!
- The greatest danger in working hard is taking credit, that’s why we need to walk humbly.
- God wants you to please Him more than YOU want to be pleasing TO Him.
- Our desire to please Him only comes FROM Him.
- Our desire to please Him is what compels us to pursue Him because only IN Him do we have the power to do what pleases Him.
- The same power that conquered the grave lives in ME! That should CHANGE OUR LIVES!!
- God is not holding out a standard…an expectation that’s impossible to achieve. In fact, expectations are not what God is after in any of us. Effort and emphasis (focus), combined with HIS power gives us the ability to do what pleases Him.
— Philippians 2:12-13 is JAM PACKED with truth for just two verses. Hope I did it justice today. Such an important message those two verses bring. “God is working IN you, giving you the desire AND the power to do what pleases Him.”
— Praying God’s power is made evident in our lives!! Victory, freedom and overcoming life ARE available in Jesus!
— On Monday, February 11th from 6:30-8:30 PM, Joe Sangl is going to be with us to teach a Financial Learning Experience (FLE). If you haven’t experienced Joe, or his money management teaching yet, you NEED to! I’ve been to the FLE 3 or 4 times and it helps me every time and I always learn something new.
— Joe is BY FAR, the best teacher on money management I’ve ever experienced. He is high energy, engaging, and teaches on money in an incredibly relevant way. Joe talks about how to plan for life, living on a budget, strategies to become debt free, saving for retirement and a bunch more. Childcare will also be provided at this event so there is NO excuse not to attend.
— The Financial Learning Experience is open to the community, so if you know someone who could benefit from Joe’s teaching, invite them to come with you. Don’t miss out on this GREAT opportunity.
— Ok, I think that about does it. Can’t think of anything else I want to say and you’re probably done reading anyway. Thanks Element Church for being YOU! Love you guys.
Till the end,