— 20 people acknowledged to us they accepted Jesus as Savior today and experienced LIFE in Him! WOO HOO! If only for the ONE!
— I’ll never forget the one face of a young man I saw in 2nd service when I asked for people to acknowledge their salvation. He looked right at me with his hand raised in the air and tears of joy running down his face. LOVE seeing people find life.
— Tons of people responding as well, saying that God was speaking to them about something specific in their lives. Praying for each person to have the strength to follow through on what God’s asked you to do.
— Met a couple in the lobby after 3rd service who was SO eager to get plugged in. They had a friend with them and were getting connected to volunteering and a group. So cool.
— Met another lady after 3rd service who asked where all the “gray haired” people were. (She was grayed as well) I told her they all come to the 8:30 service. She said she would try that one. HA! Love it!
— Announced today that we are officially moving to THREE services from the four that we currently have. Starting Sunday, December 23rd, we will have a 9 & 11 AM service and a 6 PM service. You can watch the sermon online by Tuesday to hear more of the explanation. Essentially it boils down to getting healthy in our volunteer teams. All external indicators say we should stay at four, but it has been a battle to successfully fill all necessary volunteer positions to minister to the people God brings us. It is going to be FULL in our worship center, so be prepared. We’ll put all 400 chairs in and fill it up. We’ll try this for a season and see what happens. We are NOT stopping our focus of REACHING people for Jesus.
— THANK YOU to all those who are currently volunteering. You guys are SO valuable to what we do. What you do MATTERS! Thank you. You are the BEST volunteers on the planet.
— We continued our sermon series called “Xmas” today by asking the question, “How is Jesus Mighty in the Quiet.” I did about 3/4 of the message in complete silence. Not saying a word. We used cue cards, a television, a whiteboard and our projectors to communicate the message. It seemed to be powerful and really connected with people. Silence is AWKWARD, but so many times, it’s in the QUIET that God is mightiest. Preached from 1 Kings 19:1-18. Here are some excerpts on the day:
- When it seems that Jesus is missing and appears that He is silent, is perhaps when He’s the mightiest and speaking to us the loudest.
- God doesn’t NEED to ask what you’re doing here. He already knows. He asks because we need to ADMIT what we’re doing here.
- God wasn’t mightiest in the wind, the earthquake or the fire. He was mightiest in the quiet.
- When you focus on WHAT you’re doing here, you can forget WHO is with you.
- In the quiet Jesus confirms His presence.
- In the quiet Jesus confirms His purpose.
- God doesn’t want us to re-live our past. He wants to redeem our past for His purpose.
- The devil wants us to believe our purpose died based on what we did. You’re purpose, though is not based off what you did or based off who you are. It’s based off who God is and what He’s already done.
- God wants you to know your purpose more than YOU want to know your purpose.
- When God says “I will,” it will always be done “His way!”
— It was VERY weird only preaching the introduction and then response time at the end but it was a lot of fun. I trust that God used this unique delivery to speak to your heart. We’ve been planning this and praying over it for WEEKS now.
— Thanks to so many of our team that worked EXTRA hard getting this sermon all set up. There were a TON of moving parts and it all worked seamlessly.
— WOW, did we have a worship moment today! We Bring You Honor was AMAZING and then Kara stinking slayed the song “Winter Snow.” So good! Every week I’m continued to be blown away at the level of talent God’s brought to us. Thankful for such a great team.
— Don’t forget, we are having FIVE Christmas services on December 23rd and 24th. 9:00 AM // 11:00 AM & 6:00 PM on the 23rd, and 4:00 & 6:00 PM on the 24th.
— On Sunday, December 30th we are letting YOU decide what we sing and what is preached. Go HERE and you can vote for your favorite worship songs and submit a question for me to answer. I’m going to answer as many of them as I can. There are some GREAT questions coming in so far.
— That’s it. I love you guys! SO SO proud to have you as my church home. You guys are amazing!
Till the end,