AMAZING day at Element Church today! SO honored to be called your pastor and SO proud to call you my church family. Exciting things are happening, lives are being changed and WE get to be a part of it! DON’T take that for granted. Here are my ruminations on the day!
— 17 people responded to God’s grace today and received LIFE in Jesus! WOO HOO! If only for the ONE!
— I hope we realize how special it is to even see ONE person surrender their hearts to Jesus! This should NEVER get old! We should go absolutely NUTS when people respond to Jesus! It’s the GREATEST miracle known to man.
— Met TONS of guests after third service in the Living Room. We are seeing a lot of people this summer checking out our church. Got to talk to two guests in particular who also accepted Jesus as Savior.
— The Living Room was seriously BUZZING with people. LOVED it!
— Updated I Heart Cheyenne today with some exciting news:
- So far YOU have served 3,596 hours in our community. That is just under 36% of our 10,000 hour goal.
- We are on pace right now to serve 10,134 hours this month if we keep up this pace. I’m believing we ARE going to get there.
- Through YOUR generosity 728 school supply lists were filled. That equals $21,480 in school supplies that YOU provided as a church. That is UNREAL!
- Last year you fulfilled 380 school supply lists which means you nearly doubled what you did last year and we have NOT doubled the size of the church! WAY TO GO! So proud of you guys.
- This month as a church, instead of giving 12% of each offering into a separate outreach account we are giving 15%. This past week we used some of the funds from that outreach account and purchased the remainder of the school supplies needed. That means as of today, OVER 1,000 backpacks have been filled.
— It is NOT too late to sign up and serve. To reach our goals it’s gonna take some of us doing a lot, others doing a little and all of us doing SOMETHING to end up accomplishing everything.
— Go HERE to sign up for an opportunity to serve. If you have some time this coming Saturday we would invite you to serve at our Back to School Bash. We need volunteers from 7 am – 3 pm to man the inflatable games, serve food, give out water and help with sno-cones. We sent out TEN THOUSAND invites to homes in Cheyenne with kids and invited them to come enjoy this great event. We need approximately 200 volunteers and only have about 90 signed up. We could SURE use your help!
— Element 5k is coming up as well. You can volunteer at the 5k or participate in it. The cost is $20 to participate and all the proceeds go to the Comea Homeless Shelter and Life Choice Pregnancy Care Center. Sign up to volunteer at the 5k HERE and to participate HERE.
— I’m gonna brag on my wife and kids for a second. They have served a TON of hours already in the first week and a half of I ♥ Cheyenne. My wife is doing such a great job of getting our kids out there, loving and serving our city because of Jesus. So proud of my wife and kids.
— Continued our sermon series called, “I ♥ Cheyenne” today. Asked the question “How can I make a difference?” and preached from Luke 10:25-37. The story of the Good Samaritan. I don’t know how the message impacted any other peoples hearts, but God REALLY challenged me on this sermon. Hope it helped some people. Here are some excerpts on the day:
- A Savior in Jesus is what people ultimately need, not social justice that meets one of their needs.
- We want our good deeds to reveal our GREAT God, in the hopes that we can tell people about the Good News of Jesus.
- Vitamin Bacon! (had to be there, but it’s a GREAT idea)
- Because we feel like we can’t make a difference, what we often end up doing is living lives that are indifferent.
- If we view our lives through the lens of chance, we fail to recognize a God who is in control and can forfeit our opportunity to make a contribution.
- We can’t live our lives through the lens of chance when we serve a God who is in complete control.
- You can’t help everyone, but you can help every ONE that God puts in your life!
- Just because you can’t do everything, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do something.
- Maybe it’s not that the good Samaritan did something GOOD, but something GOOD had been done in the good Samaritan.
- When our hearts are awakened for God, our lives will be set ABLAZE for the world He loves.
- The Pharisees weren’t opposed to doing something good, they WERE opposed however to allowing something good to be done in them through Jesus.
- Ultimately, it’s not about what we do for the world, it’s about what God does in our hearts. And when God does in our hearts what ONLY God can do, the world will never be the same again.
— We opened the altar during a closing song for people to seek an “Awakening” from God. Loved seeing the few people who did come forward and seek God to awaken their hearts. Without DIVINE AWAKENINGS we will NOT make a difference.
— SO, SO impressed with our worship team again today! I told Pastor Adam “It’s hard to mess up the sermon after you guys prepare the way like you did in worship!” We sang another new song by Pastor Adam today. That dude is churning out some worship music. WAY TO GO WORSHIP TEAM! You guys are AWESOME!
— The 6 PM worship service was OFF THE CHARTS electric man. Such a presence of God. As we approach the Fall and another growing season for our church, the 6 PM service would be a GREAT option for you to attend to help open up seats in our 10 & 11:30 am worship services. We’re gonna need the room!
— The military often TAKES great families away from our church, but today we saw one BACK. A family who moved away 3 years ago was stationed again in Cheyenne. So good to see them and so glad God brings us the families that he does!
— Gonna call it quits for today. Thanks Element for letting me lead you. You guys are AMAZING!
Till the end,